We are always looking at how our processes can be made as green as possible. We are always exploring better methods and would love to hear from you if you have ideas on areas where we can improve!
- Reusable delivery tubs – we use a two tub rotation system per wholesale customer, per recipe. This saves on how much plastic we have to use and also protects against cross-contamination.
- Compostable product tubs – where possible, we use a recycable and biodegradeable packaging solution for retail products.
- Recycling – we are fortunate to reside in an area like Leeds with great recycling facilities. Almost everything we use is fully recyclable. We are currently working on ways to remove all single-use plastic from our packaging.
- Energy usage – our cooking processes use 100% renewable electricity. We have recently moved away from gas in favour of renewable electricity.
- Local businesses – where possible, we try to support local businesses selling local produce; we try to purchase all of our ingredients from fair trade / co-operative sources.
Moving forwards, aims to reduce our carbon footprint further include: using electric vehicles for deliveries, improving our ingredient sourcing and cooking processes to eliminate as much single-use plastic as possible.